Sunday, June 13, 2010

Block Printing

So I bought a block printing starter kit and spent the weekend carving and printing. It was pretty great! I haven't made a block print since high school, so it took a little time getting into the groove. I used a very soft material which was extremely easy to cut and made two prints of characters from my comic. Until now I have only had sketches and computer renderings so to have some tangible artwork feels good. My hope is to make a series of these prints to coincide with the comic. Since they are small and easy to reproduce I'm gonna try to sell them for relatively cheap, but for this first round I'll most likely give away for promotion. If you are interested in these let me know.

P.S. I have to give thanks to my wonderful wife who took pictures of the process for all to enjoy.