Saturday, August 14, 2010

DIY Comic Workshop


Geeks comics held a DIY Comic Workshop with Javier Hernandez creator of El Muerto. I had a great time talking to fellow artists woking on their first comic book. Javier went over the process of creating, promoting and selling a self published comic. We all shared our individual projects and exchanged networking info. It was a very eclectic group with everyone taking a unique approach to creating their comic. Javier only got a few words in before we bombarded him with questions. I guess being super excited and new to the whole process we got impatient, but it lead to some good conversation and understanding of all the hard work that is involved with creating your own comic. Luckily he made a handbook with all the info in it so we can always go back and read that. Over all I was very happy with the workshop and enjoyed sharing my enthusiasm with my peers and mentor. I highly recommend attending one of Javier's workshops.