Saturday, March 02, 2013

Life Drawing 3-2-13

I was able to get out today and do some life drawing. Drawing people in public is one of the most uncomfortable and awkward things for me to do, but I feel I learn so much from doing it. I love sketching in a loose and expressive manner while making quick decisions to capture a posse. It's often a frustrating experience that results in a lot of indecipherable scribbles.   

The uncomfortable part is looking like a pervert while staring at people, the disappointment on peoples faces when they see the stick figures I am drawing, drawing on a postage stamp sized sketch book, and the inability to find a comfortable position to draw. It's all part of the experience and I feel I get a lot out of it, so I deal with it. 

These are some of the better drawings that came out of todays session, the rest look like a 3 year old got a hold of my sketchbook.